A one-day course developed specifically for drivers of commercial vans to raise professional standards and improve van safety on London’s roads. The course is for anyone who drives a van –as a professional driver or driving a van for any part of the working day. The course focuses on the skills needed to improve driver behaviour to operate safely, reducing the risk of vans being involved in collisions and enabling van drivers to share the road safety with other road users.
The course consists of two 3.5 hour modules (both delivered on the same day).
• How to effectively plan and prepare for a journey
• How and why roads are changing to accommodate active travel, such as walking and cycling
• The hazards of the urban environment and how they can create distractions for drivers
• Who vulnerable road users are, and how they interact with traffic
• How to share the road safely with others
• Equips commercial van drivers with the tools to operate safely in an urban environment
• Attendees receive a drivers’ handbook which provides information on how to operate safely and efficiently at all times
• Helps you comply with the law and meet contractual requirements for clients including Transport for London, and construction clients signed up to the CLOCS Standard
• Van Smart is Driver CPC accredited and endorsed by the DVSA
The Van Smart course is 7 hours of learning (split into two, 3.5 hour sessions) and can facilitate up to 24 people per course.
The course meets the requirements for the CLOCS Scheme, which is now being specified by many construction companies across the UK. These courses are Jaupt approved and can count towards 7 hours DCPC.
If you have a large fleet of drivers that need to attend a Van Smart course then please click here and we can assist you with your booking arrangements.
All bookings are subject to our 21 day cancellation policy and by registering for a course you are agreeing to our terms and conditions.
Click here to read the Cancellation Policy.
The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.