What is the course about?
Focusing on reducing work related road risks and creating long term behaviour changes by bringing professionalism to the forefront of your drivers. The course is a comprehensive 7hr CPC, delivered in two parts; a classroom theory module in the morning and a practical cycling experience in the afternoon.
The on-cycle session gives your drivers a cyclist view of the road, and the understanding from a cyclist perspective. Bicycles and personal protective equipment are provided to each of your drivers.
Who should attend the course?
All professional drivers operating on UK urban roads where there is a high risk to vulnerable road users such as cyclists and pedestrians.
- Fully aligned to meet FORS Silver accreditation, CLOCS standards and contractual work-related road risk (WRRR) requirements
- 7hrs driver CPC
- JAUPT approved for up to 24 delegates
- Why driving safely is so important
- Drivers roles and responsibilities
- How to avoid costly accidents
- How to avoid risks and penalties
- What it's like from the other side as a cyclist
All Van Smart courses are funded by TfL. If you are a FORS member you are entitled to this funding and should choose the venue and date and follow the link to book your drivers on to the course of your choice.