What is the course about?
TruckSmart is a comprehensive 7-hour (1 day) driver training course training for all commercial HGV drivers, equipping them with the knowledge and skills to operate safe and roadworthy vehicles.
TruckSmart is designed to raise driver awareness of their individual role and responsibilities in ensuring HGV safety. This will help an organisation that is looking to implement and uphold a ‘safety-first’ culture. This course equips drivers with the skills and practical knowledge that they need to fulfil their role in the HGV safety system. Drivers will be taught the importance of the driver walk around check to spot defects and how to correctly take action to record and report defects. The course outlines the consequences and penalties if the correct procedures are not followed with some real-life case studies of what can go wrong if HGVs are not safe or safely loaded.
TruckSmart aims to substantially improve compliance with the Operator Licence Undertakings, helping operators raise their standards, and reduce the risk of roadside infringements and subsequent prosecution, additionally focuses on the importance of driving roadworthy HGVs and the role of the driver in ensuring that vehicles and loads are safe and legal at all times. TruckSmart is delivered in 8 training sessions, each covering a specific subject area.
Who should attend the course?
All commercial drivers within your business who require refresher CPC training hours.
- 7 hrs driver CPC
- JAUPT approved for up to 24 delegates
- Vehicle checks and defect reporting
- Moral, economic and legal importance of operating safe and roadworthy vehicles
- Drivers' roles and responsibilities within the HGV safety system
- Principles of safe loading
- How to mitigate the effects of loads on driving and operational performance
- Risks, penalties and consequences of driving with an unroadworthy vehicle or unsafe load
Use the contact form below to contact us about booking up to 24 of your drivers on to this course.