About the course
You have a duty of care towards your drivers to educate and inform them to share the road safely, wherever they are operating. To achieve this, they must adopt and apply a responsible attitude and the behaviours required to manage and minimise road risk.
What is the course about?
UK roads are becoming increasingly complex, congested and challenging for commercial drivers. Smart motorways, cyclists, pedestrians and horses on urban and rural roads all mean commercial drivers always need to act professionally. Regular knowledge and skills training should be complemented by an immersive experience of all road types.
Our course is a comprehensive 7hr CPC, delivered in two parts; a classroom theory module in the morning and an immersive experience in the afternoon. The immersive experience has two options for you to consider.
Option one is an on-cycle session where your drivers will experience cyclist view of the road;
Option two is a virtual reality session where the latest technology is used to immerse your driver in to a 360-degree experience of all road types and hazardous situations. Bicycles or virtual reality headsets are provided to each of your drivers (at present the Virtual Reality is not FORS approved).
Who should attend the course?
All commercial drivers operating on UK roads, whether they are motorway, rural roads or the urban environment where there is a high risk to vulnerable road users such as cyclists and pedestrians.
- Fully aligned to meet FORS Silver accreditation, CLOCS standards and contractual work-related road risk (WRRR) requirements
- 7hrs driver CPC
- JAUPT approved for up to 24 delegates
- Choose the right options for your drivers with cycle or virtual reality sessions (at present the Virtual Reality is not FORS approved)
- Identify the most vulnerable road users and how they interact with traffic
- Experience the viewpoint of other road users through cycling or virtual reality (at present the Virtual Reality is not FORS approved)
- Identify and predict hazardous situations in a range of live highway scenarios
- React to hazards and hazardous situations by applying observation skills, anticipation and readiness
Use the contact form below to contact us about booking up to 24 of your drivers on to this course.