20 February 2018
Free Workshop on the risks of vehicular terrorism in the UK to be delivered by Fleet Source to the industry
Fleet Source are inviting fleet operators with a large number of Drivers along to a free networking seminar on Wednesday 28th February, 2018 at The Holiday Inn, Crick. The seminar is designed to help fleet managers understand the risks of vehicular terrorism and the measures they can put in place to help keep their drivers and businesses safe.
Recent research carried out by Fleet Source revealed that:
- 87% of commercial drivers and operators see terrorism as a potential threat.
- 74% of drivers are not trained to protect themselves or their vehicle against the risk of a terror attack.
- 76% of drivers are keen to undertake training on the nature of the threats that they may face
The seminar will cover the training and support available to help fleet managers and drivers understand the risks of terrorism,what they can do to help minimise risk within their organisation and the actions to take in the event of an incident or suspicious activity
“With over a thrid of our work force being from a military and policing background, many having extensive counter-terrorism experience, we believe we are well positioned to help inform fleet operators in taking the necessary steps to ensure they are doing everything possible to prevent their vehicles from being hijacked or stolen and used as a weapon in an attack,” said Nick Caesari, Managing Director, Fleet Source. “Safety and helping protect people from harm is our day job, and offering this free seminar to our profession is a natural extension of what Fleet Source provides,” Caesari concluded.
The seminar will include topical presentations on terrorism risk and incident prevention aswell as exclusive insight into newly launched research surrounding the industry’s awareness of terrorist threats.
The agenda for the seminar covers:
- Vehicle as a Weapon (VAAW) – Background and context
- Extremist motivation – The threat terrorists present
- Lessons learned from what we know – Recent attacks
- What else have we learned – Research on industry awareness
- Preventative measures – Terrorism risk and incident prevention
The seminar will also give fleet operators the opportunity to network with other like-minded professionals to discuss their views and ideas around the risks of terrorism.
If you would like to book your free place at the seminar then please follow the link below. Please note that places are on a first come, first serve basis:
Further Seminars across the UK will be available. To register your interest, please email email@example.com
For more information on the seminar please contact the Fleet Source Training Team on 0345 600 4045 or email firstname.lastname@example.org