Fleet Source are proud to be the largest provider of Safe Urban Driving training in the UK.
Looking out for vulnerable road users.
A one-day course providing information and techniques to operate safely on busy urban roads.
Benefits of SUD training
Fully aligned to meet the training requirement of:
• Construction Logistics and Community Safety (CLOCS) Standard
• Contractual Work Related Road Risk (WRRR) requirements
• Fleet Operator Recognition Scheme (FORS) Silver level
• Driver CPC accredited
• Funded for FORS accredited operators in London.
An increase in population across cities and towns in the UK adds to the challenges and hazards of driving. To help improve road safety, SUD focuses on understanding how vulnerable road users behave and giving drivers a first hand experience of being a VRU.
The course consists of two 3.5 hour modules (both delivered on the same day).
What will you learn?
In the Classroom:
In the Classroom:
• How and why roads are changing to accommodate active travel, such as walking and cycling
• Who vulnerable road users are, and how they interact with traffic
• How to share the road safely
• Use and limitations of supplementary vehicle safety equipment and how to maintain its effectiveness
On the road (cycling)
• Demonstrate control of a bike
• Demonstrate where to ride on the road and the use and limitations of cycle infrastructure
• Tackle challenging roads and traffic situations
• Demonstrate how and when to pass queuing traffic
• Identify and react to hazardous road surfaces
• Use the experience of having cycled in moving traffic to improve driving standards and consideration for others
The course meets the requirements for the CLOCS Scheme, which is now being specified by many construction companies across the UK. These courses count as 7 hours DCPC.
If you have a large fleet of drivers that need to attend a Safe Urban Driving course then please click here and we can assist you with your booking arrangements.
The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.