The aim of the in-vehicle assessor’s course is to train personnel within their company to carry out vehicle assessments of their drivers to identify all levels of road risk and support the company’s driver training programme from management through to drivers. This will cover initial assessments on inductions, along with annual and post incidents/collision reports.
The In-Vehicle Assessor’s course is a 3-day course. The assessors will develop their own driving skills to be able to carry out assessments on their company’s drivers. Candidates will be able to take an advanced RoSPA driving test after the 3-day course.
- Improves the company’s image through better driving practises.
- Can help companies reduce costs in insurance premiums, maintenance and wear & tear.
- Can lead to improvements in fuel efficiency.
- Reduce incident rates and improves employees’ morale.
- Identifies high risk drivers for remedial training.
After the 3 day course, the potential assessors will undertake an advanced RoSPA grading driving test to which a silver or gold grade must be achieved to be able to carry out this task.
The course will enhance the assessors driving ability, practicing the skills contained in the police driver’s handbook ROADCRAFT including updating them on the knowledge of the Highway Code.