Terrorism Risk and Incident Prevention (TRIP)
Unfortunately, the risk of terrorism in the UK is something that we all have to live with every day and as seen in many of the recent terrorist attacks, commercial vehicles are commonly used by terrorists as weapons, resulting in a large number of fatalities and casualties. As security at operating sites increases, as well as changes in security procedures in the hiring of vehicles, the risks to commercial fleet drivers in the potential theft or hijacking of their vehicle for terrorism purposes also increases.
TRIP provides drivers with the underpinning knowledge and understanding relating to the background, activity and methods adopted by International and Domestic terrorists that concern all who operate within the Transport Industry.
The course identifies and describes the type of threats and risks that Drivers face and will enhance Driver and employer roles and responsibilities when carrying out daily tasks and duties to reduce these risks.
TRIP is a 7-hour, JAUPT Approved course and can contribute towards the 35 hours approved DCPC training that professional Drivers require.
- Vehicle as a Weapon (VAAW) attacks
- Counter terrorism – the law and legislation
- Criminal Environment – Financial Implications to the transport industry
- Faces of Terror – Crime, preventative and safeguarding measures
- ‘Eyes and Ears’ – What HGV Drivers can do
- HGV Security and Theft Prevention
- Protecting the logistic supply chain
- Fuel Theft – Liquid Gold
- HGV Driver Safety – Hijacking
- Incidental Terrorism – the Criminal Opportunist
- Police and Security Services – Domestic crime/terror event
TRIP FUNDED TRAINING IS AVAILABLE TO ALL OPERATORS. FOR YOUR FUNDED TRAINING ALLOCATION PLEASE CLICK HERE AND FILL IN YOUR DETAILS TO RECEIVE YOUR 100% DISCOUNT CODE BEFORE BOOKING.