Staying Legal is essential training for all HGV commercial drivers, regardless of the area of operation, which will raise the levels of knowledge to enhance awareness of compliance that is required for both the driver and the operator.
The development of the Staying Legal course is in direct response to the high level of non-compliant HGV’s found during roadside stops and the suggestion from various enforcement agencies.
- To inform drivers of how their industry is regulated through relevant legislation applying to drivers.
- To understand how and why different enforcement agencies are collectively working together to ensure that there are safe and efficient vehicles on the road and what methods they are using to combat common offences.
- To equip the driver with the knowledge of driving offences and the consequences of non-compliance.
The Staying Legal course will provide FORS accredited operators with a new training option.
With increasing levels of legislation; this training module has been designed to re-educate drivers in the legal and moral obligations of the driver, including enforcement regulations, agency targeting methods and vehicle compliance.
This Staying Legal course provides important information and updates to address low levels of driver/operator compliance and how to rectify the problems by high quality training to educate, rather than just being enforced by routine checks conducted at the roadside.
- How to be compliant when operating commercially.
- Understand the legal requirements when operating commercially.
- The need for legal, roadworthy and compliant vehicles.
- Enforcement agencies that will conduct roadside and site compliance checks.
- Initiatives and schemes to enforce and enhance overall compliance.