As London grows, so does traffic congestion and air pollution. This has a major and damaging impact on public health. Nearly 9,500 people die early each year in London because of poor air quality.
LoCITY Driving features classroom-based modules to help drivers and transport managers save fuel and reduce the environmental impact of commercial vehicles.
The benefits of LoCITY training
- LoCITY is a seven-hour, CPC Accredited course.
- LoCITY focuses on minimising the environmental impact of vans and HGV’s by reducing emissions through the use of journey planning and vehicle checks, fuel-efficient driving and alternative fuels.
- The LoCITY course is approved by FORS and the DVSA.
- LoCITY Driving is essential training for all HGV commercial drivers and will be applicable to all sectors.
What will you learn about?
- Air quality and fuel efficiency.
- How vehicle checks and maintenance can help reduce emissions.
- Fuel-efficient driving techniques.
- The benefits of journey planning.
- How to use in-vehicle technology to improve driving performance.
- Alternative Fuels in commercial vehicle fleets.